This Halloween, Redmoon’s wildly popular costume party Boneshaker returns for its fifth annual spectacular installment. For one night only, Redmoon transforms its massive Pilsen headquarters into an otherworldly playground for 1,000 revelers with interactive experiences, inventive machines, creative food and cocktails, and dancing to beats from DJs on three different dance floors. Boneshaker takes place Friday, October 31 (Halloween night) beginning at 9 pm.
Redmoon’s Boneshaker 2014 promises an all-new array of multisensory delights, including:
· An outdoor Fire Garden featuring Fire Buoys, a sculptural arrangement of flaming devices that debut in the Great Chicago Fire Festival (October 4) on the Chicago River; The Fire Candelabras, two massive, 18-foot-tall candelabras with 10 wood-burning fire pots; and, The Sonic Boom DJ device with skyward-shooting flames.
· Redmoon’s Celestial Swing, an eerie mausoleum on the outside with a peaceful, ethereal swing inside.
· The UFO Carousel where guests climb inside one of three gigantic flying saucers and spin off into space alongside a DJ and snacks provided by Spin Spun.
· A team of three wild DJs alongside Redmoon’s Signature DJ Devices keep the event moving all night long.
· Two specially featured, interactive experiences include “The Devil’s Confessional,” an intimate, surreal writing room where guests can pour out their deepest secrets to a fiendish confessor, who then gives them a diabolic penance task to perform with the room at large, and Redmoon’s “Cartoon Adventure,” a mini movie theater where guests don headphones and enjoy five original short animated films by Laura Heit, Joseph Hodgson and Franck Aubrey, Hannes Vartianien and Pekka Veikkolainen, Selina Wagner and PES.
· Graceful acrobats of Aerial Dance Chicago perform overhead and descend on silks to deliver sweet treats to the earth-bound revelers.
· Redmoon premieres its newest food service device The Pastry Wheel, which whimsically pairs the iconic image of the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair Ferris Wheel with urban pedal power, serving cupcakes, brownies and other enticing sweets.
· Performers roam the space serving delightful treats and beverafes, including signature Redmoon mechanical marvels such as The Floating Trays, The Libation Machine, The Monkey Butlers and The Fish Bubble Man.