Bring your friends, your family, and your flashlights for this special Humboldt Park lagoon twilight get-together. The Humboldt Park art group Opera-Matic, along with local community partners, have activated the paths around the Humboldt Park lagoon with unique beacons of lost light. Come whale watch a whale who can’t move from its spot, track a lost moon who can’t stay awake, and blink your own S.O.S. to a zeppelin pilot stranded without flight. The Lullaby Parade, guided by lull-a-bikes and a flashlight flag corps, tour the lagoon’s lost light spots, and find community in the process. Come be part of our joyful night time parade, powered by people and song.
Come watch, listen, and participate in:
· Serenading a Moon on the Lagoon- a 15 ft diameter floating light sculpture that sings, sleeps, and sails across the Humboldt Park Lagoon.
· Night Time Whale Watching- a shadow puppet show projected from the inside of a lost whale.
· Sending Light Signals to a Lost Flight Machine- a living cast-a-way on Humboldt Park’s small uninhabited island flashes a spring SOS to park visitors and participants.
· Seeking out Audio Campfires- Listen to the acoustic light and flickering audio of local stories and poetry gathered through neighborhood writing workshops.
· and Lighting up a Lullaby Parade- Visitors can bring their flashlights and their voices to add to the “light and lullabies” lined up behind Opera-Matic’s unique people-powered Lull-A-Bikes.