#RESIST this administration’s attack on immigrants by helping us enhance Migra Map!
Our first hack day went awesomely, but there’s still a lot of work to do! Join us this Sunday for an all-day WORK session! Get ready to roll up your sleeves and code for community!
Beverages, cookies, and pizza for participants.
10-11 Finalizing filters & data points
11-12 Design of map
12-4 Update map
★ WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• DESIGNERS (website, map)
• CODERS (jQuery, jQuery Address, Bootstrap, Google Fusion Tables, Google Maps API V3)
• NONTECHIES (research latest raids & update database)
MigraMap is a crowd-sourced ICE raids map created by United We Dream and Latino Rebels. UIC Comp Sci student @GuillermoKRH is now leading an effort to enhance the map and adapt it for the current climate.
★ SHORT-TERM GOALS
• Revamp ASAP using this searchable map template: http://derekeder.com/searchable_map_template/
• clean, full-screen layout
• mobile- and tablet-friendly using responsive design
• address search (with variable radius)
• geolocation (“find me”)
• RESTful URLs for sharing searches
• results count (using Google’s Fusion Tables API)
• ability to easily add additional search filters (checkboxes, sliders, etc.)
★ ONGOING GOALS
• Collect feedback and wish list from immigration rights community organizations
• Add new raids from databases from community orgs
• Improve verifying system
• Craft an alert system
• Develop app
• Create list view
• Create searchable public database