Every Geek with a light saber (no matter what kind) heed our call! Chicago Jedi and EDGE Theatre (MacSith) are holding a Lightsaber Freeze Mob.
This one is sure to be warmer then our December one!
Here are the details. May the 4th we meet at Buckingham Fountain (originally we wanted to do the Bean or somewhere in Millennium Park but we were sure security would boot us out) at 8:15 pm (sunset is at 8pm) costumed participants circle on the west side of the park. Non costumed participants make a circle around them. The Costumed Sith will light up, than the costumed Jedi. They strike a battle pose and than freeze. The non costumed participants count to 15 (1-1000, 2-1000 and so on)Ignite their light sabers and take a battle pose than freeze. We all count to 15 and do one battle pose and freeze for 15 seconds. We do this two more times.We then head out to a new location next to the Harold Washington Library plaza. Repeat. Final Stop, Daily Plaza. Safe, simple and fun. No light saber no problem. Use the force!
1) No guns, blaster rifles, blasters. Not of any kind. You come with a replica gun or explosive devise we will call the police immediately.
2) All are welcome. Kids, families, adults, Costumed or non costumed. Make sure your behavior reflects a family atmosphere. You must be sober. You show up drunk, we will call the police.
3) Pick a side. Just to help the flow of battle if you aren’t wearing a brown robe (Jedi) or a black robe (sith) please wear a blue ribbon on your right arm (Jedi) and a red ribbon (Sith)
4) Bring a light up light saber. If you don’t have one, borrow one. (but really, get one, EDGE theatre recommends Ultra sabers This will be done at dark so lights matter.These blades are not seeing combat so it can be a light up toy.
5) By participating in any way with this flash freeze you acknowledge that Chicago Jedi and EDGE Theatre are in no way responsible for your actions and can not be held responsible for legality, accident, incident, injury, minor or catastrophic
6)THERE WILL BE NO CONTACT OF ANY KIND! NO SPARRING. IF YOU WANT TO SPAR GO AWAY AND SPAR. IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE WE WILL ASSUME THAT YOU MEAN THE EVENT OR PARTICIPANTS HARM AND CALL THE AUTHORITIES
To get a clear understanding of the event watch the video below. EDGE theatre will be documenting the event on their facebook page.
We welcome friends to come take part or document the event as well.
Be sure to check for updates before the event.
The Chicago Jedi will have Just participated in the MS Walk on May 1st, the Sunday before this. Check out our Meetup event page for more info, to take part or sponsor the cause at, http://www.meetup.com/ChicagoJedi/events/228236700/
or our MS Walk Team page at, http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?team_id=465563&fr_id=27441&pg=team
COME HAVE FUN ON EITHER DAY
May The Force Be With You!