Come to the 2015 Día del Niño Health Walk and Family Festival on Saturday, April 11th and enjoy a fun filled day for the whole family!
Kick off the day with our free 2-mile Health Walk from the National Museum of Mexican Art to the UIC Forum.
- Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.at the Museum
- The walk starts at 10:00 a.m.
- Children who walk will receive a free Día del Niño T-shirt and giveaways
Join us at the UIC Forum, 725 W. Roosevelt Road, for the Family Festival from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This festival has so much to offer, and it’s all free! Families will enjoy:
- Live performances by the Jesse White Tumblers, Maruca Hernandez, and more
- Face painting, raffle prizes and giveaways
- Fun children’s activities supporting art and nutrition provided by: the Art Institute of Chicago, the Brookfield Zoo, Chicago Kids in the Kitchen, El Valor, the Forest Preserve District of Cook County, the Rudy Lozano Public Library, Marwen, The National Museum of Mexican Art, the North Berwyn Park District, and State Farm
Get ready for spring and get your body moving!
- Hop around with Action for Healthy Kids’ Every Kid Healthy Hopscotch
- Show off pitching skills with the Chicago White Sox Fast pitch station
- Capture the moment at the Illinois Dept. of Children and Family Services photo station
- Bounce off all that energy at McDonald’s inflatable bounce house or challenge Ronald to a kick off in the Soccer Zone
- See how long you will last during the YMCA Chicago’s Jump rope contest
Take advantage of free health screenings for the whole family:
- Blood Pressure and Flu Vaccinations will be provided by Walgreens
- Saint Anthony’s Hospital will offer glucose testing and Measles vaccinations
(*remember to bring an updated medical record to receive vaccinations!)
Get important information about health and wellness from these Festival partners:
- Centro de Salud Esperanza
- Community Care Alliance
- Imerman Angels
- NAMI Chicago
- Oak Street Health
- Resurrection Project
- UIC Specialized Care for Children
Volunteering opprtunities are availble.
Interested in volunteering at Día del Niño? Click here for an application.