Chicago Margarita Festival is an outdoor festival combined with a tasting featuring live music, dancing and food trucks on the lake. What better way to spend the day lounging with friends listening to music and more.
We heard you loud and clear! We scoured our reviews and made a slew of improvements for this year’s festival.
1. Chicago Margarita Festival is now under new management and coordination.
2. We are doubling our margarita serving stations and tripling the number of servers.
3. We are tripling our free water supplies by having a water sponsor this year.
4. We are decreasing ticket prices this year and bundling admission tickets w/ drink tickets.
5. We are in the process of changing locations from Northerly Island to the South Shore Cultural Center due to larger venue need. (CHANGED TO ACCOMODATE 2.26.16)
6. VIP is no longer confined to only a tent. (CHANGED TO ACCOMODATE DESIGN 2.26.16)
7. We will add up to ten food trucks expanding our food selections.
8. More signage will be added for ease of navigation.
9. We are tripling our registration staff.
10. We are tripling our restroom handwashing stations and supplies.
11. We are adding beach volley ball and more games.
12. We are doubling our event janitorial services.
13. Parking options are now more readily available and cheaper.
14. Music will be latin, carribean and salsa island influenced as we are on the beach.
15. The festival will now be expanded over two days.
LARGER VENUE TO ACCOMODATE DEMAND
Chicago your response has been phenomenal. In fact, we needed a larger venue after National Margarita Day and we found one!
South Shore Beach, nestled on Lake Michigan east of the Chicago Yacht Harbor and part of the South Shore Cultural Center, which is considered to be the jewel of the neighborhood. In fact, 45th American President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama hosted their wedding reception at this location. The site features a 65-acre park with a 9 hole golf course, tennis courts and a circular beach house with restrooms and showers and fenced private parking. The beach house is located just to the east of the Cultural Center on the beach. The site is also home to the Chicago Police Department’s mounted unit.
Also in maintaining safety, the Metra Electric District Train and the CTA transit route both stop at the venue entrance, in addition to a long meandering driveway for UBER drop offs and pickups as well as onsite private parking for designated drivers.
Thus, we will now design the new location layout for VIP’s, General Admits and post Park District beach usage guidelines and rules.
For More Information:
In addition, the beach also has its own nature sanctuary created in 2002, featuring a small dune habitat and a meadow filled with asters and sunflowers. This area is called the “butterfly meadow” because of the large numbers and diversity of species it attracts which is beautiful to walk through.
Speaking of walking, the Chicago Lakefront Trails located east of Lakeshore Drive connects this beach via the Chicago Lakefront Trail, which is an 18.5-mile linear park along Lake Michigan to beaches, volleyball courts, playgrounds, baseball diamonds, tennis courts and soccer fields. In fact, the trail unites a variety of neighborhoods, including South Shore, Hyde Park, Lincoln Park and Lake View, and serves as both a recreational and transportation resource.
The Chicago Lakefront Trail also provides direct access to a number of amenities popular with locals and tourists alike, and thus is often crowded on warm days. Some of the notable cultural landmarks along the way include: the Museum of Science and Industry; the Field Museum of Natural History; Shedd Aquarium; Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum; the Chicago Children’s Museum; the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum; and the South Shore Cultural Center.
General Admission tickets permit entrance into the venue plus 1 tasting ticket and live entertainment, games and more. Additional tasting tickets, food and merchandise are purchased separately.
VIP Experience is the way to go! In particular, VIP admission will provide 2 free tasting tickets plus exclusive access to the “VIP Area” where VIPs will enjoy exclusive access to a furnished lounge to enjoy the festival and private space to for a margarita tasting, at cost, all the while having a front row seat to the live entertainment overlooking Lake Michigan.
During the Chicago Margarita Fest no cash transactions for tastings, beers or tickets may occur on Park District Property during the event by order of the Chicago Park District. Thus, we will have pop up tickets close by for onsite ticket purchases. Also, food truck cash transactions will occur onsite. Also to stay in compliance with the Illinois Liquor Laws the number of tickets, tasting sizes and type must be strictly regulated. This is beyond our control and must be adhered to in order to have an event. So how do you acquire your tasting tickets?
PURCHASE DRINK TICKETS ONLINE IN ADVANCE
Margarita $7 for 1 ticket
Beer $5 for 1 ticket
Water is complimentary
Parking is available surroung the beach house. We recommend carpooling or using public transportation. Free Uber code for $15 is jib28.
Seating and tents will be available but limited. Thus beach chairs, blankets and umbrellas are welcomed.
Get Your Tickets Today: