CALL FOR ART
On Education y Dia de los Muertos
As a student or educator, in or outside of institutions, each of us has a unique story to tell of our experience in education. We invite you to share that experience.
The exhibit will take place on Saturday, October 15th with a closing Dia de los Muertos celebration T.B.A.
Here are some prompts/themes to get you going:
– Honor a beloved educator/mentor/elder who is no longer with us.
– How have you experienced racism and discrimination in educational institutions?
– How have the Chicago school closures affected you and your community?
– School to prison pipeline.
– What do teachers do?
-What are alternative learning models?
– Is school culturally relevant?
– People of color and the school system, ie., goverment boarding schools, whitewashing, native americans and cultural genocide.
– How do people of color learn differently?
– Experiences in the school system.
1-2 pieces (can accommodate for more depending on size. large format & 3D is ok)
+++ POETS, SPOKEN WORD other performance artists are also welcome to create pieces for the show+++
If you’re interested, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, please provide your phone#, and relevant links to work if available.
Submission Deadline: Monday October 10th